2. Enhance understanding of how safe and effective CAM interventions are integrated with non-cam interventions abroad and in the United States.
3. Determine how CAM services affect the health care marketplace.
4. Enhance understanding of the social, cultural, and economic factors relating to the use of CAM.
5. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of each of the modalities of alternative therapies.
6. Define and address ethical and legal issues related to the use of CAM in the traditional health care systems of today.
7. Evaluate the essential issues in alternative therapies in relation to research and nursing applications.
As you complete your work in the course and reflect upon the course outcomes, consider the following questions:
1. Do you feel you have met the course outcomes as they are listed above?
2. Is there any outcome for which you feel you still need support or assistance? Are there any you would like to explore further?
3. What helped you meet the outcomes?
4. How do you plan on applying the knowledge you have learned?
5. Do you now feel that you have a better understanding of complementary and alternative therapies?
6. Do you have any final questions that were not answered during the semester?
I thank all of you for your hard work and dedication throughout the semester! I hope you all have enjoyed learning about complementary and alternative therapies and will use the knowledge you have gained to make positive changes in your practice settings. If you need any assistance at any time, please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck to all in completing your degree and in meeting your career goals!